|I am a co-editor of Bioimage Data Analysis Workflows, Springer 2019.|
|I was an Associate Editor of the Pattern Recognition Letters Journal 2011-2018.|
- Vice-chair of the Board of the Centre for Image Analysis - CBA, Uppsala University
- Chair of the Board of https://www.math.uu.se/research/cim/the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics - CIM, Uppsala University
- Programme responsible, and programme board chair, Master's programme in Image Analysis and Machine Learning, Uppsala University
- Management Committee member and WG4 lead, EU COST Action COMULIS
- Management Committee member and WG6 co-lead, EU COST Action NEUBIAS
- Program Chair of the International Conference on Discrete Geometry and Mathematical Morphology, DGMM2020, Uppsala, Sweden, 2020.
- Co-chair of the International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis, IWCIA2020, Novi Sad, Serbia, 2020.
- Co-organizer of the COMULIS Conference on Multimodality Imaging in Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, 2019.
- Special session co-organizer, Correlated Multimodal Imaging in Life Science at EMIM- European Molecular Imaging Meeting, Glasgow, UK, 2019.
- Best Student Paper Selection Committee member at the International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), Prague, Czech Republic, 2016.
- Programme Chair of the Swedish Symposium on Image Analysis, Uppsala, Sweden, 2016.
- Invited Special session organizer, Digital Shape Analysis: Theory and Applications, at the 6th IEEE International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA2009), Salzburg, Austria, 2009. (Best Reviewer Award).
- Invited Special session organizer, Digital shape: Analysis and Representation, at the 5th IEEE International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis -ISPA2007, Istanbul, Turkey, 2007.
Conference program committee memberships
- Scientific Committee member, NEUBIAS2020 Conference, Bordeaux, France, 2020
- Program committee member, Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis, SCIA 2019, Norrköping, Sweden, June 11-13, 2019.
- Technical committee member, Medical Image Understanding and Analysis Conference (MIUA 2017), Edinburgh, Scotland, 2017.
- Program committee member, International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM2017), Fontainebleau, France, 2017.
- Program committee member, Conference on Bioimaging, BIOIMAGING 2017, Porto, Portugal, 2017.
- Reviewing committee member, International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA'16), Oulu, Finland, 2016.
- Scientific committee member, International Workshop on Computational Topology in Image Context, France,2016.
- Program committee member, Conference on Bioimaging, BIOIMAGING 2016, Rome, Italy, 2016.
- Program committee member International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA2015), Zagreb, Croatia, 2015.
- Program committee member International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA2013),Trieste, Italy, 2013.
- Program committee member The workshop on mathematical and computational methods in biomedical imaging and image analysis (MCBMIIA2015), Auckland, New Zealand, 2015.
- Program committee member l6th International Conference on Signal-Image Technology and Internet-Based Systems (SITIS), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2010).
- Program committee member International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA2009), Salzburg, Austria, 2009.
- Program committee member, International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition (ICIAR2009), Halifax, Canada 2009
- Program committee member Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition (ICIAR2008), Povoa de Varzim, Portugal 2008
Ph.D. examination committee membership
- Hans Jacob Teglbjærg Stephensen
Thesis: "Geometrical Models and Stochastic Geometry of Subcellular Structures", defended 2021 at the Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Marcus Valtonen Örnhag
Thesis: "Robust Estimation of Motion Parameters and Scene Geometry – Minimal Solvers and Convexification of Regularisers for Low-Rank Approximation", defended 2021 at Lund University, Sweden
- Gabriella Edfeldt
Thesis:"Epithelial barrier protection - implications for HIV susceptibility", defended 2020 at the Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Elin Lundström
Thesis: "Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Human Brown Adipose Tissue, Methodological Development and Application", defended 2019 at the Department of Surgical Sciences, Radiology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Bertil Grelsson
Thesis: "Vision-based Localization and Attitude Estimation Methods in Natural Environments", defended 2019 at the Computer Vision Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden.
- Monica Jane Emerson
Thesis: "Statistical Image Analysis of Tomograms with Application to Fibre Geometry Characterisation", defended 2018 at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Technical University of Denmark.
- Olga Dyakova
Thesis: "The processing of natural images in the visual system", defended 2017 at the Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Donglei Chen
Thesis: "Three-Dimensional Synchrotron Histology Visualizes the Dental Development of Silurian Stem Osteichthyans", defended 2017 at the Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Peter Bodnar
Thesis: "Image analysis methods for localization of visual codes", defended 2016 at the University of Szeged, Hungary (official external reviewer)
- Stefana Janićijević
Thesis "Variable Formulation and Neighborhood Search Methods for the Maximum Clique Problem in Graph" defended 2016 at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Marija Milojević Jevrić
Thesis "The Application of Meta-Heuristics to Optimise Load Distribution in Machine Elements and Assemblies", defended 2015 at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad Serbia.
- Anders Landström
Thesis: "Elliptical Adaptive Structuring Elements for Mathematical Morphology", defended 2014 at Luleå University of Technology, Sweden.
- Lennart Svennson
Thesis: "Image Analysis and Interactive Visualization Techniques for Electron Microscopy Tomograms", defended 2014 at the Centre for Image Analysis, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- Laszlo Rusko
Thesis: "Automated segmentation methods for liver analysis in oncology applications", defended 2014 at the University of Szeged, Hungary (official external reviewer)
- Magnus Gedda
Thesis: "Contributions to 3D Image Analysis using Discrete Methods and Fuzzy Techniques : With Focus on Images from Cryo-Electron Tomography", defended 2010 at the Centre for Image Analysis, Uppsala University, Sweden.
Invited talks and seminars
- Distance functions for robust image registration: Theory and applications.
Workshop on Mathematics for Complex Data, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2019.
- Fast and Robust Symmetric Image Registration Based on Intensity and Spatial Information.
2nd Franco-Swedish Workshop, Institute Pascal laboratory, Campus Le-Puy-en-Velay, France, November 2018.
- Improved distance measures between images and their performance in biomedical applications.
NEUBIAS Bioimage Analysis Symposium, Szeged, Hungary, February 2018.
- Automatic detection of lung emboli in CTPA examinations - initial study.
Franco-Swedish Workshop, Institute Pascal laboratory, Campus Le-Puy-en-Velay, France, November 2017.
- Distance between vector-valued representations with application in object detection and classification.
Franco-Swedish Workshop, Institute Pascal laboratory, Campus Le-Puy-en-Velay, France, November 2017.
- Tackling a major bottleneck in the BioImage Computing community – Network of European BioImage Analysts (NEUBIAS).
International Conference on Computer Vision, ICCV 2017, Workshop on Bioimage Computing, Venice, Italy, 2017.
- NEUBIAS: Bioimage analysis - Current trends and future directions.
COST Action CHARME Workshop on Big Data for Life Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden, September 2017.
- Distances between fuzzy sets and their application to image processing.
84th Annual meeting of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM 2013), Novi Sad, Serbia, March 2013.
- Distances between Fuzzy Sets and Their Applications in Image Processing
Seminar of the Image Processing Group, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, April 2013.
- Coverage Segmentation by Energy minimization -- A practical example of sub-pixel image processing.
First Croatian Computer Vision Workshop (CCVW), Center of Excellence for Computer Vision, University of Zagreb, Croatia, September 2012.
- Coverage Segmentation by Energy Minimization – A practical example of sub-pixel image processing
Seminar at the Mathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade, December 2012.
- Distance measures between digital fuzzy objects - cutting vertically vs. cutting horizontally.
Seminar at the Department of Image Processing and Computer Graphics at Szeged University, April 2012.
- How to improve perimeter estimation by using grey levels
Seminar of the Image Processing Group, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, May 2009.
- How to improve perimeter estimation by using grey level information
Seminar at the Department of Image Processing and Computer Graphics at Szeged University, April 2008.
- On Analysis of Spatial Fuzzy Sets in 2D and 3D
Seminar at the Mathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade, June 2007.
- Computerized Image Analysis
Seminar at the Unit of Digital Information and Image Processing, Dept of Radiology, Medical Univercity Graz, April 2006.
- Pattern Recognition Letters Journal, Elsevier
- Image and Vision Computing Journal, Elsevier
- Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Elsevier
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- Fuzzy Sets and Systems Journal (Elsevier)
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer
- Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Springer
- IEEE Visualization and Computer Graphics