Next: About this document ...
Previous: Short visits to other
- Editorial board member of the journal Machine Graphics & Vision, 1994-
Comment: Published by Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Editorial board member of the journal Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 1995-
Comment: Published by Elsevier.
- Senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 2004-
Comment: Member since 1974.
- Member of the International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE)
- Member of Eurographics, the European Association for Computer Graphics, 1998-
- Member of the International Society for Analytical Cytology (ISAC), 2000-
- Scientific committee for International Conference on Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern recognition (ICSIPR13) 201208-
- Scientific committee for International Conference on Computer Vision and Graphics (ICCVG 2012), 20120920-20120922
- International Program Committee for 20th and 21st International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision (WSCG 2012) and (WSCG 2013)
- Planning group for workshop Sweden-Singapore March 2013, 201209-
Comment: Appointed to be member of this committee by VR.
- Member of the Evaluation Panel PE7 for advanced grant applications to the European Research Council (ERC): Natural and Engineering Sciences-Biomedical Engineering, 2008-2012
- Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, Section VII: Basic and Interdisciplinary Engineering Sciences. 2006-
- Vice Chair of Section VII of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, 091119-121231
- Member of the Royal Society of Sciences in Uppsala (Kungliga Vetenskapssocieteten), 1998-
- Chair of Uppsala University IT Council, 2008-2012
- Advisor to the Rector on Information Technology at UU, 1998-2012
Comment: Advisor appointed to lead the strategic planning of UU and give advice to the Rector.
- Member of the Board of UpGIS, the network for Geographical Information Systems at UU, 1999-
- Member of the UU student cooperation group, 2000-2012
Comment: A group where the leadership of the university and the student unions meets to discuss matters of common interest.
- Member of the scientific board of Hillevi Fries Research Scholarship Foundation
Comment: A Swedish foundation that accepts applications and gives out research grants for urology research.
- Member of the UU Library Council 2011-
- Member of the Board of Swedish Bioimaging, 20120301-
Comment: A Swedish network for researchers in biomedical imaging and image analysis.
- Member of the board of the Department of Information Technology, 20120701-
- Member of the Uppsala University IT strategy group, 20120615-
Comment: A committee headed by the university director to create a new strategy for support of administrative IT at UU.
- Licentiate Thesis Opponent for Mohammed Ali Khorshidis, 20120222
Comment: A Licentiate Thesis at KTH School of Engineering
- PhD half time seminar, 20121022
Comment: One of two external experts at this half time PhD seminar for Janne West at CMIV, Linköping University
- Editor-in-Chief of Pattern Recognition Letters, 20110101-
Comment: Pattern Recognition Letters is published by Elsevier and is an official journal of the International Association of Pattern Recognition. Borgefors was Associate Editor and Area Editor 2004-2010.
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE), 2007-
Comment: Senior member since 1998.
- Fellow of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR), 1998-
- Member of Nominating Committee of the International Association for Pattern Recognition, 2010-2012
- Editorial Board member of the journal Image Processing and Communications, 1994-
Comment: Published by the Institute of Telecommunications, Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- Editorial Board member of the journal Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: Advances in Mathematical Theory and Applications, 1993-
Comment: Published by Interperiodica Publishing in cooperation with the ``Cybernetics'' Scientific Council, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Editorial Board of the book series Computational Imaging and Vision, published by Springer, 2003-
- Steering committee for Discrete Geometry for Computer Imagery (DGCI) conferences, 2000-
- Steering committee for International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM), 2011-
- Programme committee member, International Conference on Computer Vision and and Graphics, ICCVG 2012, Warsaw, Poland Sep. 2012
- Programme committee member, 7th International Conference on Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence, ICNNAI 2012, Minsk, Belarus Oct. 2012
- Royal Society of Sciences in Uppsala (Kungliga Vetenskaps-Societeten), Member No. 19, 2000-
Comment: Elected member of the oldest scientific society in Sweden (founded 1710), (5 meetings).
- Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA), 2011-
Comment: Member of Division VII: Basic and Interdisciplinary Engineering Sciences (4 meetings).
- Member of the Committee for Future Strategy, Work group 1: The Big Global Society Challenges, Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA), 20120601-20130228
Comment: 5 meetings
- Swedish Parliamentarians and Scientists, 1987-
Comment: Members are elected. Only one scientist per field admitted.
- Board/Steering Committee for Onsala Space Observatory, 2011-
Comment: (2 whole day meetings)
- Celsius-Linné committee, TN-faculty, UU, 2007-
Comment: The committee selects the speakers for the annual Celsius and Linné lectures, (4 meetings).
- Member of the Board of UpGIS, the net for Geographical Information Systems at UU, 1999-2012
Comment: Representing TN-faculty, UU.
- Expert Evaluator for two positions as Full Professors in Medical imaging and image analysis at Chalmers University of Technology and The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, both in Göteborg.
Comment: 15 applicants.
- Expert evaluator of Matthew Thurley's application to become Associate Professor/Docent in Signal processing at Luleå Technical University.
- Program Committee member of the SSPR2012 Workshop organized in conjunction with ICPR, 20121107
- Member of ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- Member of ACM SIGGRAPH (Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques)
- Member of SIGMA XI, The Scientific Research Society
- Expert advisor for promotion to full professor at Mid Sweden University, 121115
- Project leader for the Vinnova Agenda for ``Image-based medical diagnostics - a Swedish area of strength with great potential"
- Founding Organizer and program committee member for the UnConventional High Performance Computing (UCHP)
- Member of the program committee of the International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (GRAPP)
- Member of the program committee of the Asian Simulation Technology Conference (ASTEC)
- Member of the program committee of the Industrial Simulation Conference, Virtual Reality and Graphical Simulation in Industrial Simulation
- Member of the program committee of the The Middle Eastern Modelling and Simulation MultiConference Simulation in Archaeology (MEMS)
- Member of the program committee of the The Simulation and AI in Games Conference (GAMEON ASIA)
- Senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 2010-
Comment: Member since 2001.
- Member of the International Society for Analytical Cytology (ISAC), 2006-
- Reviewer for the Habilitation Thesis of Petr Matula, Centre for Biomedical Image Analysis, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- Member of the Technical Programme Committee of the 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR'2012), 121111-15
- Associate Editor for Pattern Recognition Letters 110606-121231
- Member of evaluation panel TN-A (medical technology) of the Swedish Research Council
- Opponent for licentiate thesis Anders Landström, Luleå Univeristy of Technology, 20121121
- Member of the Executive Committee, International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR)
- 2nd Vice President 2008-2010
- Secretary 2010-
- Member of Advisory Committee of CERN School of Computing, 2011-
- Local Arrangements Chair of 35th CERN School of Computing, Uppsala, Sweden, Aug 2012
- Member of the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences of Uppsala (Kungliga Vetenskapssamhället i Uppsala), 2012-
- Board Member of Swedish Society for Automated Image Analysis (SSBA), 2000-2012
Comment: President 2002-2006
- Board Member of the Swedish University computer NETwork (SUNET), 2008-
- Board Member of the Faculty of Science and Technology, UU, 2011-
- Member of the Docent Committee of the Faculty of Science and Technology, UU, 2011-
- Member of the Electorial Board ("elektorsförsamlingen") of the Faculty of Science and Technology, UU, 2011-
- Member of the Evaluation Panel for grant applications to the Swedish Research Council: Infrastructures for e-Science (Beredningsgrupp 4), 2011--
- Program Committee for the 16th International Conference on Information Visualization (IV2012), Montpellier, France, 20120710-20120713
- Member of Eurographics, the European Association for Computer Graphics, 20120101-20121231
- Member of the Evaluation Panel of the European Research Council Executive Agency, Unit B3: Advanced Grants, 20120901
- Chair of SIGRAD - Swedish Computer Graphics Association, 20120420-20121231
Comment: Chair since 20th of April 2012
- Chair of the Postgraduate Education Board at the University of Gävle, 20120101-20121231
- Dissertation committee member of Daniel Johansson, NT-Faculty, Örebro University, 20120210
Comment: Title: Convergence in Mixed Reality - Virtuality Environments: Facilitating Natural User Behaviour
- Co-chair of the National Annual Computer Graphics Conference 2012, 20120901-20121128
- Member of the Evaluation Panel of the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education, 20120920
Comment: IT&Media Technology cluster
- Dissertation committee member of Anja Johansson, ITN, Linköping University, 20121109
Comment: Title: Affective Decision Making in Artificial Intelligence: Making Virtual Characters With High Believability
- Board member of Swedish Society for Automated Image Analysis (SSBA), 2008-
Comment: Treasurer from 2009.
- Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Discrete Mathematics
- Member of the technical program committee, 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition, ICPR 2012, 2012, Tsukuba Science City, Japan
- Member of the program committee, S+SSPR 2012, November 7-9, 2012, Miyajima-Itsukushima, Hiroshima, Japan (ICPR 2012 pre-conference workshop)
- Member of the Electorial Board (``elektorsförsamlingen") of the Faculty of Science and Technology, UU
- Program committee member, ISMB 2012: 20th Annual international conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology, July 15-17, Longbeach, California, USA, 20120715-20120717
- Programme committee member, ECCB 2012: The 11th European Conference on Computational Biology, September 9-12, 2012, Basel, Switzerland, 20120909-20120912
- Program committee member, ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine, Orlando, Florida, October 7-10, 2012., 20121007-20121010
- Expert evaluator of Emma Lundberg's application to become Assistant Associate Professor (Biträdande lektor) in Cellbiological proteomics at the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, 20120101-20120315
- Thesis opponent at dissertation of Charlotte Stadler, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm., 20121109
Comment: Title: Towards subcellular localization of the human proteome using bioimaging
Next: About this document ...
Previous: Short visits to other