- We are looking forward to a new collaborative project with Moritz Kirschmann, University of Zurich, Center for Microscopy and Image Analysis! Buda is awarded a STSM (Short Term Scientific Mission) within NEUBIAS and will visit Moritz in March, to jointly work on "Denoising of low signal-to-noise scanning electron micrographs by energy minimization and deep learning". We hope to be able to extend our good results which will be presented at ISBI2018 to this new imaging modality.
- We were at the very successful NEUBIAS conference and found it really inspiring. Nataša gave an invited talk "Improved distance measures between images and their performance in biomedical applications". Our well performing distance attracted quite some attention!
Nataša and Joakim participated in Tagathon#4, focusing mostly on EDAM bioimaging onthology. Our EDAM-bioimaging team presented a poster at the symposium.
- We had a poster presenting "Denoising of short exposure Transmission Electron Microscopy images for ultrastructural enhancement" (B. Bajic, A. Suveer, A. Gupta, I. Pepic, J. Lindblad, N. Sladoje, I.-M. Sintorn) at NEUBIAS conference in Szeged (Jan 31 - Feb 2).
- Nataša has been awarded a visiting professor grant from the Université Clermont Auvergne, France. Nataša and Joakim spent two weeks (November 2-16) with Antoine Vacavant's group.
- Nataša gave an invited talk "Tackling a major bottleneck in the BioImage Computing community – Network of European BioImage Analysts (NEUBIAS)" at the Bioimage Computing @ ICCV 2017 workshop, October 23. A very successful workshop, and impressive main ICCV conference in Venice, Italy.
- Elisabeth Wetzer, our new PhD student with the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, has joined our team. Warm welcome!
- Nataša is an invited speaker at the 2nd NEUBIAS Conference in Szeged, Hungary.
- Nataša and Joakim participated at the Neubias workshop 2 in Gothenburg, September 11-14, 2017. Two training schools, one for the facility staff, the other for early career investigators, and one more Taggathon are organized.
- Buda Bajić, our PhD student from Novi Sad, visited us at CBA. She staying with us from August 15 to October 28, 2017.
- Nataša participated at the Workshop Big Data for Life Sciences, organized by COST Action CHARME in Uppsala, September 18-22, 2017. She presented and promoted NEUBIAS activities.
- DIP group@FTN Novi Sad successfully organized the 25th Summer School on Image Processing, SSIP 2017. More than 30 students and 18 teachers from 10 countries participated. Congratulations to Tibor and the whole organizing team!
- Nataša, Joakim, Johan, Amit, Anind, and Ida-Maria participated at the 20th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis SCIA2017, in Tromsö, Norway. Two papers of our team presented! "Enhancement of Cilia Sub-structures by Multiple Instance Registration and Super-resolution Reconstruction" co-authored by Amit, Nataša Joakim, Anka, and Ida-Maria and "Convolutional Neural Networks for False Positive Reduction of Automatically Detected Cilia in Low Magniffcation TEM Images" co-authored by with Anind, Amit, Joakim, Ida-Maria, Anca, and Nataša.
- Nataša and Joakim's paper on "Distance Between Vector-valued Representations of Objects in Images with Application in Object Detection and Classification" is accepted for the 18th International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis, IWCIA2017. Nataša presented the paper at the conference in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Joakim, as a program committee member, supported IWCIA2017.
- Johan, Joakim and Nataša's paper on "Distance Between Vector-valued Fuzzy Sets based on Intersection Decomposition with Applications in Object Detection" is accepted for ISSM2017. Johan presented the paper at the conference at the Center for Mathematical Morphology, MINES ParisTech, in Fontainebleau, France.
- Nataša, as a program committee member, supported the 13th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology, ISMM2017.
- Johan Öfverstedt is our new PhD student. Warm welcome! Johan will work on development of methods for analysis of multi-modal, multi-layer, and multi-scale images.
- Feb 12-17 Joakim and Nataša participated at NEUBIAS2020 in Lisbon, Portugal.
This was the first Annual meeting of NEUBIAS, gathering the whole Bioimage Analysis Community into a multi-faceted event - Training schools, a Working Meeting (Taggathon) and a Large Symposium dedicated to Open Tools in BioImage Analysis.
We have presented our work on "Detection and enhancement of objects in low resolution transmission electron microscopy images for multi-scale imaging and structural analysis."
- Jan 16 Joakim and Nataša participated at NETDELIVER project team meeting in Paris, France.
- Dec 12-15 Buda, Joakim and Nataša participated at IPTA2016 in Oulu, Finland.
Our paper Single image super-resolution reconstruction in presence of mixed Poisson-Gaussian noise, is among six best reviewed papers at the conference.
- Nov 14-15 our collaborator Zoltan Kato, University of Szeged, is visiting CBA. He will give a talk at CBA seminar series on November 14, and within CIM CoSy-seminar series on November 15.
- Nov 8-11 Joakim and Nataša visiting Department of Image Processing and Computer Graphics at the University of Szeged, Hungary.
- Oct 31 New PhD position in Computerized Image Processing
Latest application date: 2016-12-01
- Oct 27 Kick-off meeting of our project A smart and easy platform to facilitate ultrastructural pathologic diagnoses held at Vironova.
- Oct 25 Sebastian Bas Kanå started a master project with Joakim and Nataša. We had a kick-off meeting of the collaborative project Automatic landmark identification in digital images of Drosophila wings for improved morphometric analysis at EBC. Our host was Zorana Kurbalija Novičić who suggested the study.
- Oct 24-25 Our collaborator Antoine Vacavant visited CBA. He gave a presentation at CBA seminar series and within CoSy-Seminar at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (CIM).
We discussed a joint project application, NETDELIVER, which is led by Antoine.
- Oct 7 Nataša is now elected Full Professor in pure and applied mathematics at the Faculty of technical sciences, University of Novi Sad.
- Sept 26-30 Nataša spent a week with DIP group in Novi Sad. We had several fruitful meetings. Buda successfully presented her research work to the evaluation committee and is now officially approved to start preparing her PhD thesis.
Nataša acted as a committee member at a defense of the PhD thesis of Stefana Janićijević. The thesis "Variable Formulation and Neighborhood Search Methods for the Maximum Clique Problem in Graph" is successfully defended at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, on September 29.
- Sept 13-16 Joakim and Nataša participated in the 1st NEUBIAS training school and Taggathon in Barcelona, at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Joakim gave a lecture/tutorial on Matlab to an international group of 25 selected Bioimaging facility staff members.
- Aug 15-19 Joakim and Nataša spent a week with DIP group in Novi Sad. We had several fruitful meetings. Slobodan successfully presented his research work to the evaluation committee and is now officially approved to start preparing hir PhD thesis.