- Nataša is invited participate at the 2nd NEUBIAS Conference in Szeged, Hungary.
- Elisabeth Wetzer, our new PhD student with the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, is joining our team in October 2017. Warm welcome!
- Nataša and Joakim are participating at the Neubias workshop 2 in Gothenburg, September 11-14, 2017. Two training schools, one for the facility staff, the other for early career investigators, and one more Taggathon are organized.
- Buda Bajić, our PhD student from Novi Sad, is visiting us at CBA. She is staying with us from August 15 to October 28, 2017.
- Nataša is awarded a visiting research professor grant from the Université Clermont Auvergne, France. She will spend two weeks with Antoine Vacavant's group in November 2017.
- Nataša is invited to give a talk at the Bioimage Computing @ ICCV 2017 workshop, October 23, 2017.
- Nataša will participate at the Big Data Training School for Life Sciences, organized by COST Action CHARME in Uppsala, September 18-22, 2017. She will present NEUBIAS activities.
- DIP group@FTN Novi Sad successfully organized the 25th Summer School on Image Processing, SSIP 2017. More than 30 students and 18 teachers from 10 countries participated. Congratulations to Tibor and the whole organizing team!
- Nataša participated at the 20th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis SCIA2017, in Tromsö, Norway. Two papers presented! "Enhancement of Cilia Sub-structures by Multiple Instance Registration and Super-resolution Reconstruction" with Amit, Joakim, Anka, and Ida-Maria, and "Convolutional Neural Networks for False Positive Reduction of Automatically Detected Cilia in Low Magniffcation TEM Images" with Anind, Amit,Joakim, Ida-Maria, and Anca.
- Joakim, as a program committee member, supported the 18th International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis, IWCIA2017.
Nataša and Joakim presented the paper on "Distance Between Vector-valued Representations of Objects in Images with Application in Object Detection and Classification".
- Johan Öfverstedt is our new PhD student. Warm welcome! Johan will work on development of methods for analysis of multi-modal, multi-layer, and multi-scale images.
- Nataša, as a program committee member, supported the 13th International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology, ISMM2017.
Johan, Joakim, and Nataša presented the paper on "Distance Between Vector-valued Fuzzy Sets based on Intersection Decomposition with Applications in Object Detection".
- Feb 12-17 Joakim and Nataša participated at NEUBIAS2020 in Lisbon, Portugal.
This was the first Annual meeting of NEUBIAS, gathering the whole Bioimage Analysis Community into a multi-faceted event - Training schools, a Working Meeting (Taggathon) and a Large Symposium dedicated to Open Tools in BioImage Analysis.
We have presented our work on "Detection and enhancement of objects in low resolution transmission electron microscopy images for multi-scale imaging and structural analysis."
- Jan 16 Joakim and Nataša participated at NETDELIVER project team meeting in Paris, France.
- Dec 12-15 Buda, Joakim and Nataša participated at IPTA2016 in Oulu, Finland.
Our paper Single image super-resolution reconstruction in presence of mixed Poisson-Gaussian noise, is among six best reviewed papers at the conference.
- Nov 14-15 our collaborator Zoltan Kato, University of Szeged, is visiting CBA. He will give a talk at CBA seminar series on November 14, and within CIM CoSy-seminar series on November 15.
- Nov 8-11 Joakim and Nataša visiting Department of Image Processing and Computer Graphics at the University of Szeged, Hungary.
- Oct 31 New PhD position in Computerized Image Processing
Latest application date: 2016-12-01
- Oct 27 Kick-off meeting of our project A smart and easy platform to facilitate ultrastructural pathologic diagnoses held at Vironova.
- Oct 25 Sebastian Bas Kanå started a master project with Joakim and Nataša. We had a kick-off meeting of the collaborative project Automatic landmark identification in digital images of Drosophila wings for improved morphometric analysis at EBC. Our host was Zorana Kurbalija Novičić who suggested the study.
- Oct 24-25 Our collaborator Antoine Vacavant visited CBA. He gave a presentation at CBA seminar series and within CoSy-Seminar at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (CIM).
We discussed a joint project application, NETDELIVER, which is led by Antoine.
- Oct 7 Nataša is now elected Full Professor in pure and applied mathematics at the Faculty of technical sciences, University of Novi Sad.
- Sept 26-30 Nataša spent a week with DIP group in Novi Sad. We had several fruitful meetings. Buda successfully presented her research work to the evaluation committee and is now officially approved to start preparing her PhD thesis.
Nataša acted as a committee member at a defense of the PhD thesis of Stefana Janićijević. The thesis "Variable Formulation and Neighborhood Search Methods for the Maximum Clique Problem in Graph" is successfully defended at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, on September 29.
- Sept 13-16 Joakim and Nataša participated in the 1st NEUBIAS training school and Taggathon in Barcelona, at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Joakim gave a lecture/tutorial on Matlab to an international group of 25 selected Bioimaging facility staff members.
- Aug 15-19 Joakim and Nataša spent a week with DIP group in Novi Sad. We had several fruitful meetings. Slobodan successfully presented his research work to the evaluation committee and is now officially approved to start preparing hir PhD thesis.